Ed Lane's Blog

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Questions

I am currently reading Rob Bell's excellent book, Velvet Elvis. Don't be put off by the title. I am not a big Elvis fan, but I am a big fan of Jesus. And the book has a lot to say about Him.

The fascinating thing about the book is the central role a questioning mind has within the Christian Faith. Christianity is indeed THE answer, but what does that mean?

What does it mean to "be a Christian"?

I am not seeking to challenge God's Word, but the thing that interests me about this book is how it draws you to consider what is Interpretation and what is Truth.

I'd love to hear from other people 'jumping on the trampoline and not building fragile walls".

Ed

3 Comments:

  • I'm glad to hear that you're reading Rob's book. It has definitely shaken my man-made theology to the core. I enjoy jumping on a trampoline now!

    By Blogger Ven Taylor, at 10:13 AM  

  • Good to find more people who are talking about it. There is soooo much to understand in so small a book.

    By Blogger Ed Lane, at 2:17 AM  

  • it's actually not as bad as i initially thought it could have been, i purchased it as an audio cd and have been listening to it this week in the car...

    i particularly liked the first two chapters, and am warming to the chapter on disciples and the culture of the time..

    By Blogger t.a.h, at 9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home